In any relationship, trust, comfortability, and competence are key. Ross Collins is a professional who has 40+ years of experience in the skill sets of counseling, consultation, training and employee assistance.
Ross operates his Employee Assistance Program (ACCESS EAP) through his office locations which assist company personnel and leadership in scheduling appointments on the way home from work or during work hours.
Ross is responsible for counseling employees and family members of the employee, supervisor training, and company consultation. An effective EAP involves a skilled provider assisting all parties through voluntary supervisor or mandatory management referrals. And, the feedback that he offers to the company helps the company make decisions about trends he observed in the company culture. Part of an effective EAP is to offer quarterly training opportunities, consult with HR personnel, and provide any requested debriefing after traumatic events.
Ross Collins maintains three separate offices where he can provide counseling opportunities to meet your individual logistical needs.
In addition to being flexible in location, he is available through a HIPPA compliant video conferencing consultation. He commits to personally respond to phone calls within 1-4 hours after a detailed message is left. Call (864) 380-5231
Ross’ individual counseling technique is a practical skills and problem solving approach. Examples of issues that clients have presented in the past are personal growth, relationship issues, parenting struggles, depression, anxiety, or someone experiencing any trauma or loss.
After the hour long assessment, you as a potential client will have an idea if you wish to return, and Ross will tell you if he thinks your problem is within the scope of his expertise.
Fees are discussed prior to the assessment and Ross recommends to contact your insurance company prior to the initial assessment.
Couples often come to Ross by having friends or co-workers talk about their experience as clients. Some couples come to Ross after a precipitating event occurs where either one or both parties wish to obtain an objective perspective. Ross works with couples who are either in the beginning stages of their relationship or have been together for years or decades. Ross looks at cognitive skills, relational past, vocational experience, financial management, and spiritual history prior to any intervention.
Ross desires to develop competent counselors who can be part of the solution in assisting other people’s struggles. Good supervision combines clinical awareness and technique with theoretical constructs, which all add to successful outcomes in counseling.
Ross Collins is certified to offer CEUs as a provider by the South Carolina Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapist, Addiction Counselors, and Psycho-Educational Specialists.
Ross Collins has designed and presented training programs in the state of South Carolina and other states and countries. Steps are to contact Ross for a needs assessment and he can design a plan to meet your individual needs. Ross can utilize his ropes course or come to your site depending on your identified goals.
Ross A. Collins M.S. LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor
Owner & CEO of ACCESS EAP
Ross A Collins has a 40+ year clinical and administrative background with a variety of client populations in various therapeutic settings. He currently practices in Greenville, Powdersville, and Clemson, South Carolina. Mr. Collins is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor.
Ross has developed in-patient and out-patient programs, and has had clinical experience in intensive out-patient, partial hospitalization, and residential day treatment.
In the past 19 years, Ross Collins has owned and operated an employee assistance program known as ACCESS EAP. His clients have included four municipalities in the Upstate area in addition to two construction sector companies, two tier-two automotive supply companies, and a plastic reclamation facility.
Ross is a husband, father, grandfather and someone who knows he is doing what he was created to do. His interests include travel, hiking, motorcycle riding, and hanging out with his family.
- MS in Human Services with a Counseling & Community Psychology concentration, New Hampshire College, Manchester, NH 1985
- BS in Physical Education with a concentration in Motor Development Therapy with a Minor in Psychology, Massachusetts Teacher Certification, Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, MA 1983
- Summer Seminar, Gordon College, Wenham, MA 1981 Study involving ten countries over a two month period focusing on The Reformation
- Ross Collins has had 40+ years of experience in providing counseling and training & supervision to individuals, couples and families.
- He has developed inpatient and outpatient programs and had clinical experience in intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization and residential day treatment settings.
- In addition to treatment, he has conducted training in several states and seminars to professional organizations and clients as a trainer for employee assistance, leadership development, and coaching.
Ross Collins specializes in the assessment and treatment of adjustment disorders and relational difficulties in individuals, couples & families. In addition to these specialty areas, he has had experience and training in treating more serious disorders.
Additional specialty areas are employee assistance, supervision, leadership development, coaching, and team building (Fort Outlook).
- Member: 40 years in the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member: Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- Member: Clemson Presbyterian Church
- Member: Inklings Abroad
- Member: Easley Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Pickens County class of 2000)
- Chair of Powdersville Business Council